Drilling Machinery is used to drill holes in the ground for various purposes. The purposes include the extraction of petroleum, natural gas, water, and other underground substances. Other usage scenarios include scientific research and exploration of different materials underground. It is also used for underground excavation, mining and a lot of other things too.
Types of drilling Machinery
There are seven different types of drilling Machinery, depending on the kind of work they are used for. These are:
- Portable drilling machine: These types of drilling machines are meant for carrying around and light work. Generally used for drilling in residential places for small tasks. For example, Wall mounting a TV. These are available in different shapes, sizes, and speeds depending on the type of work they are needed for.
- Sensitive drilling machines: These types of drilling machines are also called bench drilling machines and are used mainly to drill small sized holes at high speeds. They have three parts: Base, column, and table.
- Uptight drilling machine: These are a type of sensitive drilling machine that has increase power and from small-sized to medium-sized workplaces use this.
- Radial Drilling machine: These are high power drilling machines used in large workplaces. They have a column based on which the arm moves. All types of industries use these drilling machines for heavy tasks.
- Gang drilling machine: This type of machinery has 4-6 drill heads that are used simultaneously for heavy tasks.
- Multiple spindles drilling machines: These types of devices are best for drilling various holes or single deep hole.
- Deep mole drilling machines: these have high-speed drills that can be used to drill deep holes in very less time.
It is necessary to know the perfect type of drill that one needs to use for the job. For more in-depth knowledge about types of drilling machines we highly recommend you to go throught www.drilling-it.com
Should you rent or buy drilling machinery?
There are a variety of things to keep in mind before deciding to buy or rent drilling machines.
- It would help if you had an idea about how long you are going to use the machine. If you have long-term requirements that buying will be a better option because that will be cheaper and if it is a short-term need that renting will be better because you save on buying and permanent storage costs.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that rented equipment is usually maintained by the companies they are taken from. So, you don’t have to worry about maintenance costs and time.
- If you rent equipment, then you can update them frequently and easily replace them according to your work needs.
- You should also take into account the time that it will take if you buy a machine to get delivered vs the time if you rent it. Because there are al0ways deadlines to meet, this is an important consideration.
So, if you need drilling machinery, then buy or rent the machine depending on the type of construction work and your requirements.