Bachelors in Medical Sciences is an undergraduate degree involving an in-depth study of human health and body. After attaining a degree in medical science, people think becoming a doctor is the only possible career, but that’s a misconception, a medical science degree can fetch your numerous ventures ranging from fields of pathology to history.
- Research Scientist– A researcher works in various industries and settings like government organizations, Private organizations, Non- profit organizations, and many more. They are responsible for lab-based projects. Right from collecting the data, to designing and lab testing by analyzing the results, a research scientist is responsible for the complete research and development of the organization. Their career progression involves getting the research paper published in the most famous journals.
- Pathologist- It is a study of diseases and its cause and effect on the human body; they work as diagnosticians in hospitals, investigators or researchers, and teachers. One can also open its own pathology lab. Their prime work involves studying body tissues to provide critical information to the doctors and determining the cause of death or progression in the disease. Their career progression includes holding senior positions at a lab, attend seminars and conferences regularly to update their knowledge as per the incoming up gradation in the technologies.
- Biomedical scientists- These scientists are particularly trained in biology in the context of medicines; they use scientific research to improve human health. Their job is to design, develop, and test new treatment plans, analyze the data to probe into chronic diseases and pathogens like HIV, diabetes, food poisoning, and many more diseases. A biomedical scientist’s career progressions are consultants and researchers in government as well as private organizations.
- Histology technician– Also known as HTs are specialized lab medical lab workers their work focuses on diagnoses and treatments for diseases like cancer. They work in the back end to supply the doctors with vital information. It is basically a study of the microscopic tissue structures.
- Medical Scientist– A medical scientist is responsible for both designing and conducting studies that investigate human disease and methods to prevent it, to prepare and analyze samples to probe in the causes of chronic diseases and pathogens, and also their cure. They also indulge themselves in developing programs to improve the health outcomes in partnership with health departments. They usually specialize in areas research for broader understanding and improving human health.
- Clinical Immunology scientist- A scientist working on immunology is responsible for monitoring and treating patients with immune disorders like allergy, antibody deficiency, primary immunodeficiency, and autoimmune disorders. As clinical immunology scientists, the prime job is to investigate the patient’s immune system, research the causes of such problems, produce reports, and provide the medical staff with vital and critical information.
- Podiatrists- also known as a chiropodist they are the doctors who specialize in the problems of lower leg area carrying out x-ray for providing treatment as medication or surgery.
Once you enter into medical science, there are innumerable career options and prospects available for you like you can also sell medical equipment, start your own clinic and start practicing there.. All you need is to research and select the one that interests you and gives you great future prospects in terms of finance and non-finance both.